“With the resources available in our community, we decided 100,000 people living in poverty in our community is completely unacceptable!”
problem from the top down, assessing what it would take for Omaha to essentially defeat
- We know the size of the issue-100,000 under-resourced individuals
- We needed a proven solution – Bridges Out of Poverty and the Getting Ahead curriculum are used in 300 U.S. communities and are 75% successful in helping individuals lift themselves out of poverty.
- We studied what others are doing to address poverty in our community and approached the issue from a collaborative perspective. We now have more than 100 Community Partner organizations and agencies working together to defeat poverty in our community.
In the next decade, our goal is to help 25,000 working age adults lift themselves out fo poverty.
WHY IS BRIDGES THE MOST EFFECTIVE POVERTY REDUCING PROGRAM?
- It is holistic
- It empowers the individual
IS IT WORKING?
- 1. 93% graduation rate
- 2. 400 graduates by end of 2019
- 3. 400 to 600 more graduates in 2020
- 4. The average graduate has increased net income by nearly $1,500 per month (Average decrease in debt to income ratio of 58%)
- 5. Positive movement in all areas of 15 factor Stability Scale
Empowering under-resourced families to change their lives by discovering and overcoming barriers to success
To reduce by 50% the number of families living in poverty in the next decade
Integrity — Excellence — Collaboration — Appreciate and Value Each Individual
PLEASE JOIN US TO DEFEAT POVERTY IN OUR COMMUNITY!
Volunteer President & CEO
Vice President & Program Director
Director of Life Skills Coaching
Life Skills Coach
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Business Seals Consulting / Getting Ahead Graduate
Retired - TD Ameritrade
UBS Financial Services
Methodist Jennie Edmundson